Sunday, January 19, 2014

Project Life 2014 - Week 3

January 12 - January 18, 2014:


This week, we had a great Sunday - a Krispy Kreme breakfast of sprinkled donuts and POG just because we could, then some quiet reading at home before Joel and Dean headed out on one of their typical Sunday adventures (they did one of their favorite hikes - Four Waterfalls - lots of running through bamboo, jumping off waterfalls, swimming in jungle streams, and boulder hopping!). Then Sunday evening Joel and I enjoyed the first episode of a new HBO show we've been excited to watch - True Detective with one of my faves Matthew McConaughey and Maui resident Woody Harrelson. We are definitely intrigued. (of course, we don't think HBO does anything badly). Dean had a dentist appointment, we got our piano tuned (FINALLY - it's super old, we bought it used, it spent like 30 years in a home literally 25 yards from the ocean which is not really good for pianos, so it was very, very badly out of tune - it took the tuner man 8.5 hours to tune it!!). Saturday Joel and I enjoyed a fun date day driving over to the West Side for a Barnes & Noble run and some shopping (even with the stressful drive over the Pali with all the tourists driving like crazies while trying to look at all the whales instead of keeping their eyes on the road! ha!). And most exciting of all - we booked a trip to Disneyland with my Mom for mid-spring!! 


As for products used this week, a few things from the Copper Mountain Studio Calico kits as well as a journal card from the Midnight Core Kit. The rest is pretty much from Emily Merritt's new Choose Happy kit - love it! I also used Emily Merritt's Dotted Numbers to mark the week number again. 


And that wraps up Week 3. I love being caught up on this album. I'm hoping to finish up my December Daily album in the next few weeks, so if I manage that I'll be sure to share. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

2 comments:

Jude said...

I enjoy seeing your Project Life pages - I've started a Project Life type project for this year - your pages are inspiring.

The mention of POG caught my eye. I had the chance to visit Maui 30 years ago and remember to this day that POG was delicious.

Thanks for sharing your layouts!

lisaplus6 said...

I love your perspective in your pages! each photo is so lovely! I loved stopping by today!